By developing a system that means that the security of your data is not compromised, ATMOS offers a value-added package giving you complete peace of mind:
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use, secure data transfer process
- Provided in conjunction with your current trusted software provider
- Costs you nothing to identify the extent of potential issues
- Regular mortality screening built into the payroll process
The ATMOS service has been specifically designed to address the needs and responsibilities of pension scheme trustees and administrators, its objective:
To provide an accurate, cost-effective and secure method of validating and improving member addresses, in addition to identifying potential mortality cases across the deferred and pensioner membership.
Customer experience to date highlights the fact that a data improvement programme that includes regular mortality screening and ongoing address cleansing is essential:
- Existing screening methods may not accurately capture all mortality cases and leaves scope for 23 months' worth of overpaid pensions being paid out between screenings.
- Unreported bereavements may mean that spouses or dependants may not be receiving benefits to which they are entitled.
- Undetected deferred mortality cases can compromise the accuracy of scheme valuations.
- ATMOS reports provide pension managers, auditors and trustees with confirmation of the steps being taken to comply with internal anti-fraud initiatives and illustrate how data standards are being improved and monitored.
- From time to time, Royal Mail has to make large-scale changes to postal addresses, whether it be to postcodes, localities or introducing new sectors. Annual PAF cleansing exercises are essential in order to keep address data current and accurate, which not only provides potential cost savings but also enhances the service provided to scheme members.